Things to do
Beau Vallon is Mahe's most famous beach and the heart of Seychelles tourism. Stunning nature and surreal sunsets, sounds of waves as well as the largest variety of services and things to do within walking distance! Beau Vallon can get a little busier than the other beaches at the weekend, but never crowded.
In the immediate vicinity of Panorama Guesthouse & Apartments, you will find:
The Best of Beau Vallon
World famous Beau Vallon Beach, the king of Seychelles beaches, white sand and turquoise warm waters for swimming year round
- Gondwana Granite - The world's oldest ocean islands
- Nature all around you
- The best spot for Sunset & Twilight hour (from 6pm daily)
- Restaurants (creole, pizzeria, fine-dining seafood, chinese, sushi) including the top Indian restaurant Mahek. We will be happy to make your reservations.
Also street food & take aways.
- All day Breakfast Cafe Dolce Vita open daily from 8am
- Award-winning Beach Shak for cocktails & island vibes open from 12.30pm to 11pm
- Snorkeling sites with regular turtle sightings (reef 50 meters out to the right & on the opposite end of the beach far left)
- Diving centers & Watersports
- A bus stop next door (buses run every 30 minutes to Victoria up to early evening, click link for timetable page 20-24. Cost Scr 12 less than 1 Euro one way, take small Rupee change pay driver directly) . Panorama Beau Vallon - Victoria Route 20 & 24 & 24A. Victoria - Beau Vallon Panorama Route 22 & 24 & 24A.
- Fresh fish and local fruit stalls with coconut water
- Book a private Yoga class at the Panorama Pavillion
- Local corner shop Mike's Store
- Mare Anglaise Fisherman
- Nature Walks & Hiking (click here for the Guides & Maps)
- Pharmacy, Grocery stores, Luxury food store, Bottle/Wine shop & Mini markets
- ATM machines & Money changers (Money Stretcher opposite the Police Station generally has good rates)
- Telephone & Internet services (You need your ID for SIM card & some other services)
- A Health centre (There is a small fee payable for visitors)
Neighbouring large hotels offer services to outside guests as well.
The centre of Beau Vallon is 700m walk to the left of Panorama.
Walk along the beach to Coral Strand Hotel, then follow the road inland.
Right & up at the junction and you are at the centre.
Discover some of the World's Best Beaches
All beaches in Seychelles are public. Anse means 'bay' in Creole. On Mahe there are total of 69 bays, beaches or coves to visit.
We list the top 10 must see beaches on Mahé, from those closest to Panorama:
North: Sunset Beach, L'Ilot beach (Top Soleil), Carana beach
Take the bus on the beach side, heading north.
Anse Major & Baie Ternay Marine National Park
There is a nature trail to Anse Major or take Taxi Boat there and/or onwards to Baie Ternay. Scr 500 per person per way taxi boat (min 2 persons). Entrance fee to Baie Ternay Marine National Park Scr 200 per person. Buy your tickets online here.
For the rest take the bus to Victoria, then connect to your destination.
Or hire a car (from Euro 55+ per day)
Or take a guided tour or driver (from Euro 145 half day 4 hours to 200 full day 8 hours for 4 persons / 250 including non-alcoholic refreshments).
East: Anse Royale
West: Port Launay Marine National Park, Petite Anse (Four Seasons)
South: Takamaka, Intendence (attention strong currents)
A full day Island Tour of Mahe Itinerary is suggested below.
Explore Mahé Island: Gondwana Granite, Tropical Rainforests & Places to visit
Mahe Island tour check-list:
Bel Air Road (once you past Hertz on the right) & continue up Sans Soucis
✔ Mission Lodge (entrance fee)
✔ Port Glaud waterfall
Head down west coast via ✔ Anse La Mouche
Off main road to ✔ Petite Anse (Four Seasons)
✔ Lunch at La Gaulette and siesta at the little cove opposite
Sunday Buffet Lunch at ✔ Chez Batista from 1pm Scr 600 per person (pics left)
✔ Anse Takamaka
✔ Anse Intendance (attention strong currents, look out for warning signs not to swim June to September)
✔ Anse Royale
✔ Takamaka Rum Distillery
✔ Craft Village
Back via Airport road to Victoria and ✔ Beau Vallon
If you specifically want to do a rum tasting, then start the itinerary backwards. Best take a driver in this case.
Visit Victoria for the day
One of the smallest capital cities in the world, Victoria, with its Clock tower, Botanical Gardens with Giant Tortoises (entrance fee Scr 225), History Museum (entrance fee Scr 150), Sir Selwyn Selwyn Clarke Market are not to miss.
The History Museum in the centre of Victoria, pictured above, just next to the clocktower is a must-do. Perfect for a cloudy day or any other day, but to fully enjoy it allocate 2-3 hours here.
Go Island Hopping
We will be happy to recommend and arrange day trips for you with licenced operators during your stay with us.
The Inter Island ferry & Marine Charter is just a 10-minute drive away from Beau Vallon. Domestic flights from the Airport is a 25 minute drive.
Island hopping (guided tours) through local tour operators, as well as visits to the national & marine parks (entrance fee payable). We will also be happy to share with you our local knowledge of Mahé and Seychelles. Follow our Blog for tips with planning ahead.