Things to do
Welcome to beautiful Beau Vallon beach! Mahe's most famous beach and heart of Seychelles tourism. Stunning nature and surreal sunsets, sound of waves as well as the largest variety of services and things to do within walking distance! Beau Vallon can get a little busier at the weekend and public holidays, but never crowded.
To simplify your planning, below we provide you with a selection of the top Things to do in the area and beyond.
In the immediate vicinity of Panorama Guesthouse & Apartments, you will find:
The Best of Beau Vallon
World famous beautiful Beau Vallon Beach, white sand and turquoise warm waters for swimming year round
- Gondwana Granite - The world's oldest ocean islands
- Nature all around you
- The best beach for swimming year round
- Snorkeling sites with regular turtle sightings (reef 50 meters out to our right at the buoy & on the opposite end of the beach far left). Please observe all safe practices while snorkelling.
- The best spot for Sunset & Twilight hour (from 6pm daily)
- Restaurants (creole, pizzeria, fine-dining seafood, chinese, sushi) including the top Indian restaurant Mahek. We will be happy to make your reservations.
Also street food & take aways.
- All day Breakfast Cafe Dolce Vita open daily from 8am to 10pm
- Award-winning Beach Shak for cocktails & island vibes open from 12.30pm to 11pm
- Diving centers & Watersports
- A bus stop next door (buses run every 30 minutes to Victoria up to early evening, click link for timetable page 20-24. Cost Scr 12 less than 1 Euro one way, take small Rupee change pay driver directly) . Panorama Beau Vallon - Victoria Route 20 & 24 & 24A. Victoria - Beau Vallon Panorama Route 22 & 24 & 24A.
- Fresh fruit stalls with coconut water
- Book a private Yoga class at the Panorama Pavillion
- Small corner shop Mike's Store
- Local Fishermen who come in with the catch of the day (Any fresh fish has to be handed to Management for handling)
- Nature Walks & Hiking Click here for the Guides & Maps. Scroll down to Hiking in Seychelles with the longer description, includes map below.
Anse Major - coastal & Copolia rainforest are the 2 most popular including first time walkers!
- Pharmacy, Grocery stores, Luxury food store, Bottle/Wine shop & Mini markets
- ATM machines & Money changers (Money Stretcher opposite the Police Station generally has good rates)
- Telephone & Internet services (You need your ID for SIM card & some other services)
- A Health centre (There is a small fee payable for visitors)
Neighbouring large hotels offer services to outside guests as well.
The centre of Beau Vallon is 700m walk to the left of Panorama.
Walk along the beach to Coral Strand Hotel, then follow the road inland.
Right & up at the junction and you are at the centre.
Discover some of the World's Best Beaches
All beaches in Seychelles are public. Anse means 'bay' in Creole. On Mahe there are total of 69 bays, beaches or coves to visit. Please pay attention to any warning signs of rough sea or strong current on the map or the beach you are visiting.
We list the top 10 must see beaches on Mahé, from those closest to Panorama:
North: Sunset Beach, L'Ilot beach (Top Soleil), Carana beach
Take the bus 22 or 24 on the beach side, heading north.
Anse Major & Baie Ternay Marine National Park
There is a nature trail to Anse Major or take Taxi Boat there and/or onwards to Baie Ternay. Scr 500 per person per way taxi boat (min 2 persons). Entrance fee to Baie Ternay Marine National Park Scr 200 per person. Buy your tickets online here.
For the rest take the bus to Victoria, then connect to your destination.
Or hire a car (from Euro 55+ per day)
Or take a driver (from Euro 145 half day 4 hours to Euro 200 full day 8 hours up to 4 persons).
East: Anse Royale
West: Port Launay Marine National Park, Petite Anse (Four Seasons)
South: Takamaka, Intendence (attention strong currents)
A full day Island Tour of Mahe Itinerary is suggested below.
Explore Mahé Island: Gondwana Granite, Tropical Rainforests & Places to visit
Mahe Island tour check-list:
Bel Air Road (once you past Hertz on the right, turn right) & continue up Sans Soucis
✔ Mission Lodge (entrance fee)
✔ Tea Factory
✔ Port Glaud waterfall
✔ Port Launay Marine National Park
Head down west coast via ✔ Anse La Mouche
Off main road to ✔ Petite Anse (Four Seasons)
✔ Lunch at La Gaulette and siesta at the little cove opposite
Sunday Buffet Lunch at ✔ Chez Batista from 1pm Scr 600 per person (pics left)
✔ Anse Takamaka
✔ Anse Intendance (attention strong currents, look out for warning signs not to swim June to September)
✔ Anse Royale
✔ Craft Village
✔ Takamaka Rum Distillery*
Back via Airport road to Victoria and ✔ Beau Vallon
*If you specifically want to do a rum tasting at 11am, then start the itinerary backwards. Best take a driver in this case.
Visit Victoria for the day
One of the smallest capital cities in the world, Victoria, with its Clock tower, Botanical Gardens with Giant Tortoises (entrance fee Scr 225), History Museum (entrance fee Scr 150), Sir Selwyn Selwyn Clarke Market are not to miss.
Marie-Antoinette Restaurant, a short walk uphill from Victoria, is one of the best places to enjoy authentic, delicious Creole cuisine. The signature set menu which has remain unchanged for 50 years, comprises a variety of different local dishes to enjoy, in addition to the special setting, a charming, old colonial style building designated as a national monument.
The History Museum in the centre of Victoria, pictured above, just next to the clocktower is a must-do. Perfect for a cloudy day or any other day, but to fully enjoy it allocate 2-3 hours here.
Book a Boat Trip
Book a full day boat trip around Mahe Island, you will not regret it.
Experience the Islands from the sea, which forms so much a part of island life.
Explore beautiful beaches, snorkelling and swimming spots. Enjoy stunning scenery and tranquility.
Depending on the time of the year, you may be lucky to swim with a whale shark, snorkel with turtles and cruise alongside dolphins.
Cost is from approx EUR 2000 for the day. Taxi boat from EUR 70 per person return.
Do a Rum Tasting
Takamaka Rum Distillery at Au Cap is open weekdays with Rum Tasting at 11am, 1pm and 3pm @ Scr 125 per person 21+. We recommend you go by bus or take a driver. There is also a local bazaar here most Saturdays.
Go Island Hopping
We will be happy to recommend and arrange guided tours/full day trips for you with licenced operators during your stay with us. Indication pricing below with pick up/drop back to Panorama and all costs, excluding drinks.
Ste Anne Marine Park & Moyenne full day with transfers, lunch, entrance fee & guide EUR 130 per person
Praslin/La Digue full day with transfers & bike, lunch, entrance fees & guide by boat EUR 235 per person
The Inter Island ferry & Marine Charter is just a 10-minute drive away from Beau Vallon. Domestic flights from the Airport is a 25 minute drive.
Island hopping can also be done individually. We will also be happy to share with you our local knowledge of Mahé and Seychelles once you are in-house. Also check out our Blog for tips with easy planning.
Follow our socials & tag us on yours
We share local events of interest as well as any current info you need to know, such a schedule updates on our facebook page.
Please tag us on your pics & posts @panorama.seychelles